Asterisk Business Phone System and Remote Office
Asterisk Business Phone System
The problem with most business phone systems is their inability to grow with your business. Phone companies have a history of selling you a phone system that is right for you today, but as you grow your only option is to replace the PBX with a larger system and to pay them again. This is great for the phone company, but bad for you.
Big Business Functionality on a Small Business Budget
Asterisk is an open-source solution, so your costs are limited to the hardware required to run the system and the cost of installation. An Asterisk phone solution installed and configured by Nexix is clearly the right choice for your company today and in the future.
Systems that Grow with Your Company
Nexix deploys an Asterisk Phone System, which is an extremely expandable computer-based solution. As your company grows and new features are required, no additional hardware is needed except for new phones. With the Asterisk Phone System, you will receive functionality usually only found in very large, expensive systems.
- Save Money: 40–60% of the cost of a comparable system and options to save more money with VoIP
- Work Anywhere: options for remote offices, home offices, cell phone integration and voicemail forwarding
- Full Features: auto attendant, conference bridges and queuing capabilities
- Scalable: grows with your business in a very cost-efficient manner, links your branch offices together with dialing extensions
Integration with Your Business Software
Integration with your business software may not be important to you today, but it may be in the future. Most proprietary phone systems are difficult, if not impossible, to integrate with your business software. Since Asterisk is a software-based solution, our Asterisk-certified programmers can integrate your phone system into your existing business application.
Your phone system is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your organization. It connects your company to the world, and without it, your company would stop working. That is why finding a telephone system rich in features is so important.
Nexix has Asterisk-certified programmers that can professionally install the phone system, and, if required, integrate the solution with other software solutions within your company.
- Voicemail – Ability for messages to be stored on the server and retrieved by staff. Voicemail can be configured to be emailed to staff members.
- Call Hold – Ability to place callers on hold while staff members attend to other matters.
- Call Forwarding – Multiple methods of forwarding calls to other staff members.
- Speed Dial – Ability to push a button and dial frequently used numbers.
- Redial – Ability to redial last number with a push of a button.
- Music on Hold – Callers will hear music or a prerecorded message while on hold.
- Auto Attendant – Takes the place of a receptionist. The caller is presented with a menu of options or can call an extension directly.
- Conference Calling – Connects two or more people together through the phone system. No need to pay an external agency to provide you a service that is built into your system. The number of simultaneous callers is limited by the number of phone lines connected to your system.
- Automated Directory – Lets callers look up employees by entering the first few letters of their names.
- Remote Locations – Allows for connections to off-site employees or remote offices.
- Find Me/Follow Me – Permits users to program rules on forwarding calls to other phones (cell phones, home phones, etc.) on demand.
- Software Integration – Since Asterisk is a software solution, it can be programmed to integrate with other applications within your office. Nexix has extensive experience in integrating Asterisk with other systems.
- Have your calls find and follow you.
Have the phone system follow rules to go along with you no matter where you travel. For example, you can set a rule to ring your office phone three times, and if the call is not answered it will ring your cell phone three times. If there is still no answer, the call returns to the office voicemail and the message is emailed directly to your PDA. Customers will be amazed at how productive you are and how responsive you are to their needs.
Nexix deploys an Asterisk VoIP Phone System that has many features not available with traditional phone technology. Here are just some of the features of our phone system:
- Take your phone system with you when you leave the office.
As long as you have access to a broadband internet connection, you can use your VoIP phone system anywhere. Going on a business trip or to your summer home? Have your office phone with you. Your customers and staff can communicate with you as if you were sitting in your office. They don’t even need to know you are not in town. There is no need for them to call a separate number; your office phone number will find you no matter where you are in the world.
- Make calls from your laptop.
Connect to a wireless network and you’re back on your phone system right from your laptop. Most hotels now provide wireless access at no charge or for a small fee. You could be in Europe, calling back to your normal calling area, and it would be free. No more high-priced long distance calls from hotels. Your staff can simply dial your extension and your laptop will ring.
- Have your voicemail and faxes emailed directly to your inbox.
If you miss a call, the voicemail will be sent to you as a wave file and appear in your email inbox. Faxes will find you even when you are nowhere near a fax machine.